Posted by: DES | 2009-05-12

Good day,

Please can you help me. I have a very small pimple on my face that bust about 12 hours ago, however, it looks dry. If talking to somebody with HIV and saliva spray gets onto it, can transmission take place.

Dear Des
No, Saliva is one of the body fluids that almost never causes HIV

Posted by: Concerned mom | 2009-05-13

Dear Doc
My two little ones, aged 1 and 3, are in a small private daycare facility. When I enrolled them at the school I was told that parents are not allowed to bring the kids to school if they are sick.
Ufortuantly the school is not sticking to this promise.
The result is that my little ones are constantly getting sick: coughs, runny noses and now also very bad ear infection (had to get grommits).
Please, please, please give me some advice that I can pass on to the school to limit the spread of infection.

Reply to Concerned mom