Question
Posted by: Dave | 2010/10/21

Tramadol

I was prescribed tramadol for a serious back injury two years ago, it has now developed into a habit. I am wanting to start weening myself off of it but the widrawals are extreme, i have read about a product called suboxne to alleviate the symptoms. What are you thoughts

Hallo Dave
Two things: wean slowly and involve your doctor. You may have unpleasant side effects and may need prescription for medication to help you with these. We don't really use Suboxone/Naloxone for Tramal addictions, more for people with serious heroid or morphine addiction causing supression of breathing. You did not say how many Tramal you take per day, and maybe you will need something like this - but your doctor will then admit you in the hospital and give it under supervision. Let me know how it goes with the weaning (and what you are going to use in its place?)

2
Posted by: gina | 2010/10/21

for heavens sake get to a decent dr who can help yo with this !! tramadol is an opiate so its a nightmare to get yourself weaned off!
good luck !

Reply to gina
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/21

Hallo Dave