Question
Posted by: Dave | 2010/10/20

Tramadol

I was prescribed tramadol for a serious back injury two years ago, it has now developed into a habit. I am wanting to start weening myself off of it but the widrawals are extreme, i have read about a product called suboxne to alleviate the symptoms. What are you thoughts

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Dave

The best option for getting of tramadol is gradual withdrawal over a period of time that will vary according to the individual patient and dose and length of time on the drug. Do not not attempt this yourself - Ask your doctor for a plan instead.

Suboxone may not be the ideal option for this drug as it also have a serotonergic action in the CNS.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/10/21

Hi Dave

Reply to pharmacist