Question
Posted by: fitness fanatic | 2008/08/06

Training with cracked rib..

I am a total fitness fanatic, but a week ago a cracked my rib on a ski trip. 6 weeks recovery. Any excercises you can suggest I can do? Cant do nothing for 6 weeks and I dont want to gain wait! Breathing heavily hurts...

please help!

Very difficult - you have to kind of let pain guide you on this one. I've had the same injury, and breathing is limiting. But as long as you can breathe without pain, you can train. So therefore, you might consider things like swimming, walking, maybe in a few weeks you'll be able to jog or cycle, or do some kind of strenuous activity. You have to just avoid any exercise that causes pain and will therefore slow down your recovery.

In the next 6 weeks though, diet is obviously crucial, because you will lose out on some training time, and therefore you have to compensate by reducing energy intake in order to offset that loss.

ROss

2
Posted by: Fitness Fanatic | 2008/08/07

Thank you guys, appreciate your input! Walking it will have to be...

Reply to Fitness Fanatic
Posted by: Anonym | 2008/08/07

No pain no gain. No, seriously you could reduce your calories if you don' t want to gain weight. What about walking?

Reply to Anonym