Question
Posted by: KV | 2011-03-07

Training programme

I am a 27 year old woman. I am 1.53 m tall and weigh 45kg. I am quite unfit so I decided to start going back to gym. I can make it to a 60 minute Pilates class once a week and a 60 minute Zumba class once a week. What more should i be doing? I dont want to do anything too high impact, as I have a lot of neck and back pain. What else can I do? I like running but I hate weights and the circuit.. Please advise.

Hi KV

I think for now, stick with that. Give it maybe 2 or 3 weeks, see how your fitness goes and what kind of changes happen. Then, given that you like running, that's a nice one because it's so accessible and easy to do. Maybe the best then is to get onto a programme, though it will require a bit more than just 2 days a week. But hopefully the fitness bug bites and you can make more time in order to train - at least you won't have to get to gym in order to run.

In terms of a programme, there are a few on the site. Either a walking or running programme would be a good place to star:

http://www.health24.com/fitness/Programmes/16-1347.asp

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011-03-13

Hi KV

Reply to fitnessdoc