Question
Posted by: Yolly | 2008-07-14

Q.

TRAINING PROGRAM ETC

My dogter woon in Engeland in is tans besig met 'n instrukteurs/fiksheids kurses - sy is egter baie onseker om hoe om die volgende vrae te beantwoord en sal dit opdreg waardeer word indien iemand haar van hulp kan wees met die volgende :

Client: Chad evermore

Age: 55

Resting heart rate: 80 bpm

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 180pounds

Body fat percentage: 20%

Chad is an avid golfer. He wishes to omprove his golf game and is very motivated to get started on a training program. Chad has exercised regularly for the past 8 years and is in good physical health. Most of his exercise has been aerobic in nature with only a small amount of resistance training.

Question 1:

Discuss fitness tests or methods of evaluation that should be used to assess the client, providing rationale for your recommendations. Be sure to address the specific conditions presented by your client.

Question 2:

Provide a detailed, comprehensive, 12 week periodized training program including specific sets, repetitions and exercises, utilizing an integrated approach.

Question 3:

Discuss nutritional strategies and supplement recommendations with a rationale for your choices.

Expert's Reply

A.

HI Yolly

THis is a huge question and out of principle I can't go and give answers to this kind of thing, because it a professional=training assignment. I feel, perhaps out of "duty" to the field, that people need to work towards this by researching the answer, not simply asking someone else.

My advice would be that she needs to get onto the internet and into scientific journals, and books, and research the typical training for a golfer, combined with guidelines for resistance training, and then develop some kind of programme. I hate to pass the buck and avoid answering, but honestly, I don't think it's right.

Want to comment?