Question
Posted by: Stacey | 2012/03/19

Training plan

I do have been doing boot camp for 8 weeks now and have signed up for my next boot camp , however we have a week gap btw camps , its a combination of weights and cardio ( we do both in a session )

Can i do the 5 week plan for gym (week 1) as my filler for this week as i want to carry on training.

I used to do a similair plan previously but i found i get MUCH better results do combination every day ie: Weights and then a small cardio and then weights again ( boot camp works this way ) Can i just do weights everyday with cardio in between and then repeat when im finished . becuase i will finish in 3 days

Hi Stacey

Well, you've gotten a pretty good idea from the previous camp of what kinds of things you can do, and so yes, absolutely, you can fill that gap with that kind of training.

Given that it's a short gap, it's not absolutely vital that you keep training at the same level, because you won't lose fitness in that week, provided you just keep doing something. So whether it's the first week of a five-week plan, or just a repeat of some of the sessions you've done in the camp, that you put together yourself, it's fine. I wouldn't worry too much about it, because as I say, it's a short period and therefore the goal is maintenance.

I think that looking further ahead, when this next camp ends, you can consider either going back to boot camp, or going it alone for a while, and that might mean putting your own programme together, but the next 8 weeks will show you how to do it, provided you're aware and trying to learn!

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2012/03/26

Hi Stacey

Reply to fitnessdoc