Question
Posted by: Heidi | 2011/02/07

training but no diet

Im training 4 days a week for +- 1 hour a session at gym. I see a personal trainer 2 times a week aswell.
My PT gave me an eating plan last week...and well I LOVE eating. My goal is to loose 20kg by December.
So my question is....can I loose the weight by keeping my training regime up and still eat whatever I want? Please make note that I dont over do it with eating, but I enjoy my breads and pastas and the occasional sweet thing everyday....and am not willing to give up my fizzy drinks....

Hi Heidi

I think it's non-negotiable that you have to look at your diet in order to succeed. You're aiming high, 20 kg is a big chunk of weight, I'm not sure what you currently weigh, but I'm guessing it's at least 10% of your current weight? That's huge, and without diet, I do't think it's possible.

It doesn't mean you have to eat like a bird, seeds only. You can still eat what you like, but the volume, the frequency and the content of some of those meals will have to be changed. I'm afraid this is the compromise we make in order to lose weight. Of course, it may be that you see a dietician and they change little, that you're eating OK, and only need small adjustments here and there. But more likely, it's a question of making some substitutions, looking at portion sizes, and the frequency of certain meals in your diet!

3
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/02/17

Hi Heidi

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: Lyn | 2011/02/09

you and i are in the same boat...good luck!

Reply to Lyn
Posted by: PVS | 2011/02/07

You not going to get anywhere without a dieet.

Reply to PVS