Question
Posted by: Essie | 2011-01-11

Training and eating

My husband and I both love to exercise, but do not know what to eat to have optimal results and to make sure we get all the vitamins, nutrients, etc. we need.

Four times a week he does an hour of weight training and I do half an hour of pilates (for beginners) as well as half an hour of walking.

I am not sure what food to prepare (what we should eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc.) and how much.

Could you please help us?

Dear Essie
If you are serious about your diet to maximise your exercise then I would recommend that you consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). When you phone the various dietitians in your area ask specifically if the person in question has experience with compiling diets for weigh training and other forms of exercise. In the meanwhile, you can visit the 'Diet'nFood' site and do a Search for 'Diets for sportsmen and women' to read up about the various tips on how to change your diet when you start training.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-01-11

Dear Essie