Question
Posted by: mom | 2008/08/26

training and bulking up

Have a question that I hope you can help answer.
Whenever I get into a training routine, i tend to get very big thighs. I want to somehow train so that they' re more slender but still toned. Any suggestions? I' ve tried lighter weights but it doesnt help. I seem to have thinner thighs when i' m not training!
please help
thanks

You might try to avoid activities that focus on the thighs - perhaps you just tend to have the muscle type to bulk up in that area. So simply avoid the exercise and do cardio training and you'll see the change you're looking for. So things like cycling in a heavy gear should be avoided, and so should specific weight training for the quads (lunges and squats).

Having said this, it also takes a lot of time to achieve the slender, toned look, and often times, you'll have to be patient to see that. It might therefore be a time thing, and not so much a training problem.