Question
Posted by: Madelein | 2010/06/07

Training 3 x a week

Because of my work schedule it is not always possible for me to go to the gym every day. I am trying my best to get to the gym 3x a week. Is it better to exercise two body parts per day or exercise the whole body everyday. If I exercise my whole body everyday it limits me to 2 exercises per body part.

Hi Madelein

I'd say splitting is probably better. The downside there is that if your schedule hits you hard, you might find a lot of time going by between exercise. But I don't think this is too serious. I would suggest that you split and limit the training to a few muscle groups, and rather do them very well. The body will "retain" the fitness long enough to allow you to get fitter, even with your sporadic routine.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/06/13

Hi Madelein

Reply to fitnessdoc