Posted by: logi | 2009-08-05

I Know this might sound stupid  but I am doing a 10km walk in 2 weeks... I am not oof the fittest..How do I make myself fitter and what must I eat etc.... thanks

HI Logi

Given two weeks, the best thing you can do is walk 3 times a week, for maybe 4 to 7 km at a time, and just try to get yourself as used to it by the time you tackle 10 km as possible.

There is not enough time to really improve fitness, but you can do a lot for preparing your mind and your body for the effort it will face. Just practicing, and being aware of what you are doing will help you on the day of the walk

So head out, maybe Mon - Wed and Friday, and get a steady walk in. You may even want to push the last 10 minutes of these walks to get yourself ready for the effort.