Question
Posted by: N | 2009-03-23

Toxoplasmosis

I am currently trying to get pregnant. I volunteer at an animal rescue center and have cats of my own which means i come into contact with a lot of cat feaces. I am now afraid that i may be carrying toxoplasmosis. The ats in question do not eat raw meat every day (just pellets) but they do ocassionally catch rats/birds (this hasnt happened in the last 8 - 12 months.

What should i do?

Dear N
You can have yourself tested for toxoplasmosis. Preferably you should not handle any faecies/litterboxes while pregnant, or wear plastic throwaway gloves if you have to.