Posted by: J | 2009-10-07

While watching a documentary clip on tourettes my wife seems to be convinced i have tourettes.I am a 33 year old man and i have numerous facial and head related tic' s ie my eyes twitch and squint and i have a tendance to roll my head as well as a nose twitch and a constant sniff.For me i feel discomfort in these areas and the twitches are a way of eleviating this. Are these symptoms and if so howand where do i go to getting a proper diagnosis.Is it a difficult process filled with cost and specialists?

Hallo J
A neurologist can diagnose this. The symptoms you describe sound typical of Tourette's syndrome.
A MRI scan may be needed ( but not in all cases ) and this may be expensive - is usually covered by medical aid if requested by a neurologist.