Question
Posted by: Daisy | 2010/01/07

total thyriodectomy

Hi Doc, I am 28 and was diagnosed with thyriod cancer, I had a total thyriodectomy 4 weeks ago. I also went to see an oncologist for further treatment (Radioactive iodene therapy), but he said it wasnt necessary as I still fall under stage one. I have also been on Eltroxin for 3 weeks, and it doesnt seem to make a difference, (0.1mg per day) I have started to experience sharp pains under my right ear, they last for about 30 seconds, but they are excrutiating. What could it be? Please help.
Daisy

Hallo Daisy
Eltroxin can take 6-8 weeks before you feel a difference, so be patient a bit longer with the medication. Pain under the ear could be due to a muscle spasm, referred earache, referred pain from TM joint inflammation or an inflamed gland in the neck. Let your doctor have a look. Which oncologist did you see?

2
Posted by: Daisy | 2010/01/08

Thanks doc, I went to see Dr Dreyer in Panorama mediclinic

Reply to Daisy
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/07

Hallo Daisy

Reply to cyberdoc