Question
Posted by: Daisy | 2010/03/15

Tortured by my gut!

Morning DietDc, hope you''ve had a wonderful weekend! Mine was not that great thanks to the fact that my entire digestive tract seems to have taken a holiday since Friday! I''ve been unbearably nauseous, with abdominal cramps, bad bloating (I looked about 5 months pregnant, no kidding!) foul smelling breath coming out both ways (not really helping to ease the nausea!) and this morning I''ve had horrible diarhoea and I got sick at the same time and guess who I met for the second time around? Parts of my SUNDAY breakfast!! (sorry if this is too much info, but it was quite alarming. And yes, I''m sure it was my breakfast, because that was the last time I''ve eaten tomatoes.)
Yet the nausea and bloating is not better! Help please, what could I do/ not do for instant relief? This is really horrible, and I''m feeling so extremely weak, just want to go to bed, yet that wouldn''t be a good idea, because then the " full" -feeling is particularly bad.
Sorry for this long post, but I''m in pain!

Dear Daisy
Dear Daisy
I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling so unwell. You may have food poisoning or a viral gastroenteritis. In most cases the horrid symptoms abate after 24 hours, but if they should persist then you must Please see a medical dr for an examination because you may need treatment. In the meanwhile do not eat any foods which could make the nausea worse, but do drink clean, boiled water or black tea or buy an electrolyte solution at the chemist and sip it ice cold (helps for the nausea when it is cold) to ensure that you do not get dehydrated. If you start feeling better without medical interventions, continue having plenty of fluids (no sweet or carbonated drinks), dry toast, peeled grated apple and other very bland foods.
I sincerely hope that you are already feeling much, much better once the virus or the spoiled food has been eliminated from your body.

1

Dear Daisy
Dear Daisy