Question
Posted by: Unlucky | 2009-03-20

Torn ligaments

Hey Doc, I sure do hope im at the right place... my story is as follows - I was in a car accident about 6 or so years ago, my left foot took most of the dammage, now the thing is, this is the same foot I fractured when I was 6, so in the accident, my ankle ligaments where torn, there where damage to the nerves and there was a hairline fracture, so according to the specialest then, there was not much they could do for me, so they wrapped my foot in a bandage and sent me on my way... now the problem im having now is, my knee and hip is giving me problems aspecialy if the weather is a bit cold, it does' nt render me completly helpless, but I would like to know is this normal and what could I do to ease some of the discomport, oh yes and at times my ankle does pain to.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

An orthopaedic specialist may after examination be able to advise more accurately. These conditions are sensitive to cold weather............. Your knee is probably being affected by the way you walk as a result of your foot's condition.