Question
Posted by: Trees | 2008/06/19

TORN LIGAMENTS

I had a bad fall about 2wks ago - sprained ankle & torn ligaments. had x-rays. dr bandaged my ankle. i rub arnica cream on & bandage my ankle everyday. still sum swelling on one side, still blue on other side. i'm experiencing alot of pain in the last week. can't walk on foot - using crutches. how long must i use the crutches? who long before i should try walking on foot (i'm really scared i hurt it further!!) still hurts alot when i stand on heel. what can i use for pain & is it ok to bandage the ankle everyday??? pleez help. thank you

Dear Trees
Yes you can bandage the ankle, and if after 2 weeks you still can't walk on the foot you probably need to see a physiotherapist for an evaluation of the ankle - if needed he/she will treat the inflammation or refer you to an orthopod if further tests like a MR scan is needed. You can use anti-inflammatories like Neurofen plus Panado/Dolorol Forte plus voltaren gel or arnica cream for pain if you are not allergic or have any contra-indications to ingredients.