Posted by: painful | 2009-11-20

Torn foreskin

I suddenly got a small amount of cuts on my foreskin. Very burning sensation if I pull back the skin. Is as if it torns every time I pull back the skin. I saw add on miracle comfrey ointment and started trying it. Its been a week now and still no recovery. What suddenly caused it and what is suggested as a cure?

It most probably can be a Candida infection of the foreskin. Try using Apor cream, twice daily, for seven days and if there is no improvement, consult your doctor.

Candida is a fungus that is naturally found inside a male's foreskin. Normally, other naturally occuring bacteria keep them in check. Langerhan cells found within the preputial mucosa also help to keep them from infection. You should never use soap directly on your inner foreskin or glans, especially antibacterial soap. Your inner foreskin is analagous to the walls of the female vagina, which should also never be washed harshly. Using soap causes various types of infections in both sexes. You should use a mild pH balanced soap, if you must use one, but dilute it. But realy, all you need to do is rinse it with water occasionally. Diet and exercise are also often factors in candida infections. As are sexual partners. Other health conditions like diabetes and HIV, as well as medications for autoimmune illnesses, steroids, can contribute to such infections.