Question
Posted by: Cols | 2008/07/18

torn aorta

Please can you tell me what this actually means.

I have been told that his mother has a torn aorta and that she is basically not allowed to do anything but sit in a chair.
She is 67 and has given up working or doing things that kept her busy all her life. She was apparently a model in her younger years and did allot ofsports but somewhere during the war in Germany she suffered some sort of injury that left her with a torn aorta.

Is there any advise whatshe can still do - if not to earn an income to keep her busy during her days and if this is a case where she may not do anything but sit in a chair.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I strongly suggest that you discuss this with the patient's cardiologist, as one will not be able to live with a torn aorta. The aorta is the main artery that supplies the body with the blood and I therefore think that you have been given the wrong explanation or reason why she is unable to do anything.

Kind regards