Question
Posted by: lami | 2010/03/27

topomax

hi doc, this is an urgent matter, ive started taking topomax only 25mg for migrains three days ago and i feel , very irritable, angry, depressed and on edge all the time. i hate feeling like this, should i stop it? or give it time

OK, migraine is no usually treated by psychologists or psychiatrists using Tomopax. You really should call and discuss this with your prescribing doc, who should have discussed potential side-effects, their time-scale and how to handle them, when writing the prescription - that's part of what he was paid for

2
Posted by: B | 2010/03/27

Hi Lami - I used Topamax for a while for the same reason and it did not agree with me at all. I had the same side effects as well as extreme tiredness, taste perversion and tingling hands and feet. I stuck it out for 8 weeks and it never got better. Having said that an aquantance got over the sde effects after about 4 months.
For me the dilibitating migraines were preferable to the way the topamax made me feel.

Reply to B