Question
Posted by: Celeste | 2008/10/24

Toplep &  Zyban Medication if pregnant

I am six weeks pregnant and I am on Toplep 200mg. Can this cause any harm to my unborn child? I am also a heavy smoker and cannot quite without help. Would Zyban be a option. Would there be any side-effects for the baby, or will the smoking be even worse than taking the Zyban?
Please help, I do not know how to stop smoking!!
Thank you.

There isn't sufficient information on Toplep on pregnancy to know whether it is harmful or not, though animal studies have shown birth defects. Before considering stopping it, discuss alternatives with your doctor. Zyban should NOT be used in pregnancy. Hypnosis and support groups work well to stop smoking.