Question
Posted by: jenna | 2012-10-03

topamax vs cymbalta

hi Dr, i currently use Topamax at night and Cymbalta in the morning, one of the side effect of Topamanx is depression, will the Cymbalta prevent the depression that is caused by the Topamax?

Why are you taking Topamax ? Its usually used for Epilepsy, though it might be used for some situations in Bipolar Disorder.
Remember what are listed as side-effects are symptoms that MIGHT occur ; they;re not compulsory, and not, in this case, particularly likely. The particular combination you describe is uncommon, and I've seen no studies of the combined effects, but I shouldn't expect problems or depression. If you found that there seemed to be a growing depression, discuss it with your psychiatrist ( this combination is way beyond GP territory )

1