Question
Posted by: Anon | 2009-11-26

Topamax

Doc, I take topamax 100mg for migraine prevention, but I think it makes me feel tired and flat all the time and I want to stop it. I have read that you cant just suddenly stop this medication. Why not? What will happen? I have been taking it for 8 weeks now.

Hallo Anon
Topamax is also used for epilepsy and quick withdrawal can cause seizures in patients that are prone to fits. It also may cause unpleasant side effects if you stop too quickly - so rather lower the dose each time by 1/2 for a 3-4 days until you can stop the medication.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-11-26

Hallo Anon

Reply to cyberdoc