Question
Posted by: B | 2009/11/26

Topamax

Good Morning

I have been taking Topamax for 8 weeks now to help control my severe migraines. I am now on 100mg. Can you tell me if it is possible to still experience the side effects of the medication? I was ill at the time I went on the medication, so it was hard to tell which symptoms was side effects and which were side effects. I still am very tired, nauseos and dizzy and I am not sure it that is part of the topamax or perhaps another illness.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi B

All of these are known side-effects of Topamax, and are probably caused by it. 8 weeks is a long time and I'd suggest speeking to your prescriber about a possible lower dose should these adverse effects not improve.
At what time of day do you take it? Best would be at night.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2009/11/27

Hi B

Reply to pharmacist