Question
Posted by: anne | 2012/06/18

too soon?

My boyfriend asked me to marry him after 2 months!!! He said when it is right, it is right and he knew from day 1!! Is it too soon? I have always fought for everything in my life and when this has happened so easily, I dont feel as though I am worth it or I shouldnt be happy!! Just feels so surreal at the moment.

Definitely too soon - what is his hurry ? I'm sure you are worth it, but that's not actually what this is about. Qwerty raises important points - the p[air of you have not had enough time to get to know each other well enough to make such an important decision.

2
Posted by: qwerty | 2012/06/18

In my opinion, yes, much too soon. How well do you know each other after 2 months? Have you had any serious fights yet? How do you resolve conflict between the two of you? Do you both want the same things in life? (do you have the same religious beliefs / moral convictions? do you want children? pets? how many? where will you live? who pays for what? do you get along with each other''s families?)

This is not about being worthy of happiness - of course you are! This is about the rest of your life. And if you rush into this decision, you might regret it for years to come...

Nothing wrong with being in a committed relationship, but perhaps put off the engagement plans until you know each other much better...

Reply to qwerty