Question
Posted by: Jenny | 2008/06/24

Too skinny - BMI of about 14

I am so skinny. There must be something I can do.

HI Jenny

That's extra-ordinarily low, I don't know that I've ever heard a value as low as that. How old are you? If you're an adult (over 18), then my advice is that you should consider seeing a dietician first, to assess your diet. It's inconceivable that a decent diet could produce a BMI quite as low as that, and so I think diet is option number 1. After that, depending on what is said, you might consider a doctor to assess whether your low weight might have some metabolic causes. I am still concerned about age, however, because that might impact on this, and so my answer is a little speculative.

2
Posted by: Gav | 2008/06/30

Jenny: You should also eat meat not just veggies...

:)

Reply to Gav
Posted by: Zexeon | 2008/06/26

Maybe you should see your doctor, who could refer you to people that can help you or you could just make an appointment with a psycologist you trust.

Reply to Zexeon