Question
Posted by: ABC | 2010/08/17

Too sensitive

I am an extremely sensitive person. I pick up on people''s emotions easliy. I''ll be fine and then someone will talk about something sad and I''ll get depressed.
I can''t even watch the news or shows like Carte Blance
It''s rediculous really and its starting to ruin my life

I would think that CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) would be a specific form of counselling / psychotherapy which should be useful to you - it is excellent for identifying such maladaptive and fruitless automatic thoughts and reactions, and helping you to modify them suitably.
Meanwhile, try not to convince yourself that this is inevitable or just, somehow, the way you are - it absolutely need not be so.

1