Question
Posted by: yellow | 2009-03-20

too quick

Hi. I have a problem, I fall in love with guys too easily (before I even know them) and I am devastated when they dont meet my expectations!! When I realise they are not on the same wavelength as me, I fall out of love just as quickly and get hooked on the next victim. How can I pace myself and be friends with them first without wanting anything more! I am 37 and think this is the main cause of my ' rush' !! Any advice would be useful. Thanks.

What you're describing may be naive ideas about love and romance, but you don't fall into genuine love with anyone you don't know. CBT might help you to examine the unrealistic ideas and expectations you have, to avoid these shallow crushes, and prepare yourself for some real and satisfying relatonships