Posted by: yellow | 2009-03-20

too quick

Hi. I have a problem, I fall in love with guys too easily (before I even know them) and I am devastated when they dont meet my expectations!! When I realise they are not on the same wavelength as me, I fall out of love just as quickly and get hooked on the next victim. How can I pace myself and be friends with them first without wanting anything more! I am 37 and think this is the main cause of my ' rush' !! Any advice would be useful. Thanks.

Answered the other time you posted this question

Posted by: redfox | 2009-03-20

I dont agree with the previous poster. It' s not that simple.

At your age you have gotten to know yourself well and know exactly what qualities you want in another person. When someone comes a long that matches some of those qualities you grab hold of them because at your age you are probably very eager just to find the one. In your head you already paint a picture of how this person is the perfect match. And then when it turns out he doesnt ' qualify'  you panic. I guess you need to ask yourself ' will there ever be someone 100% perfect?'  the answer is most likely no.

Hope you will find that person who will be perfect for you

Reply to redfox
Posted by: Peter | 2009-03-20

With respect...I hope you are not an emotional vampire that seeks out poor saps and bleeds them dry then realises that there is nothing left for you and then discards them?

Have you ever thought about that?

Reply to Peter