Question
Posted by: Anon | 2010-01-20

Too much sleep?

Is there such a thing as too much sleep?
I am 27 and sleep at least 8 hours every night (I am EXHAUSTED by the time I go to bed)
My Dad always complains that ' I' m so young but so tired' 
Is he right?

I get up at 4h20 in the morning, leave the house at 5h00. Then I leave work at 15h00 and go to gym. After that I go home and play/bath/feed my two kids

How much sleep should I be getting then if 8 hours is too much? My Dad says I am tired because I sleep too much> ?

Hallo Anon
8 hours is not too much - it is good to get enough sleep. However, you may have an underlying iron or Vit B deficiency with anemia, or an underactive thyroid. Please go for a medical check up so that your doctor can have a look.

2
Posted by: Vrye Denker | 2010-01-21

I wonder if this doesn' t also have to do with your unnatural hours. People who get up around six in the morning seem to have more energy. But seeing as I'  no doctor, I wouldn' t know.

Reply to Vrye Denker
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-01-20

Hallo Anon

Reply to cyberdoc