Question
Posted by: dw | 2010/03/01

too much serotonin?

Hi Doc. I was on 2 antidepressants Remeron 30mg and Venlor 75mg. I was feel ing so agitated and agressive. I am now weaning myself off Remeron and am down to 15mg now for 3 days and starting to feel a bit better. Could the cause be due to too much serotonin in the brain?

Was this prescribed by a specialist psychiatrist, or a GP ? I can't think of any good reason for a GP to prescribe 2 antidepressants at the same time ; rarely there might be a reason for this, IF prescribed or recommended by a specialist psychiatrist. An excess of serotonin is not likely, but there can be various complex interactions chemically when 2 different ADs working in different ways, are combined.

1