Question
Posted by: Lulu | 2012-11-30

Too much Schedule 5 drugs

Dear Doc,

I''ve bee suffering from severe depression for the last few months, doc (psyc) also diagnosed me with bi polar as I do very erratic stuff and then get very depressedl
And I have a possessive mental abusive husband that makes my life hell, and I would leave him in a heart beat if I had the money for the divorce and a way to support myself and my kids and myself until the divorce came through.

So evertimre when I''m upset, and I''m sure the kids are taken care off or visiting friends I drink enough pills (sleeping pills, tranquilizers to atleast put me out for a day) just not to feel the pain for a while. I know I''m damaging my health, stomough, kidneys, and liver. But I think I might be a " junky" ?
Do I need to rehab? Thanks you doc for listening

I hope you are also consulting one of the helpful agencies like POWA which are designed to help abused women, and help them to find legal and other help and to arrange safe exits.
Yes, you're right, drinking alcohol and taking tranquillizers and sleeping pills is especialyl unhelpful in a situation like this ( and it also removes the benefits of taking antidepressants and other meds !) Each of these, and their combinations can indeed lead to dependency problems as well as the physical health problems you recognize, so help in coming off them, such as a good rehab program, would be a good idea.
I hope that your psychiatrist recognizes that such complex real life problems are rarely solved by drugs alone, and that he/she will also arrange for you to see a good psychologist counsellor to work through your problems and options.

1
Posted by: Lulu | 2012-11-30

The previous entry of dreaming is a different LULU!!!

Reply to Lulu