Question
Posted by: Aurora | 2010-05-12

Too much reading?

I''m a sub-editor/proofreader at a large publishing house, so I basically read the entire day, and most nights take work home - more reading. My workload has almost tripled over the past year due to company expansion (in terms of more publications, but not more employees - hence my large workload). I constantly have eye strain pain and headaches.

But now for the past two months or so at work, I''ve been getting a sensation very similar to motion sickness (I''ve experienced this many times before, in the car and on a boat) after continuous reading. The nausea and vertigo hit me so badly that I have to stop looking at the computer screen and rest my head until it subsides.

Can the ''motion'' of one''s eyes, in constantly reading from left to right and top to bottom, affect one in this manner? If not, what could be causing this sensation?

Hallo Aurora
It probably is not due to eye strain but due to a vertigo ( middle ear condition ) Please see your doctor as some tests may need to be done and there are very effective medication to take for this.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-05-12

Hallo Aurora

Reply to cyberdoc