Question
Posted by: TOM | 2012/03/01

TOO MUCH MASTURBATION...

I have a problem as i am too obssessed with masturbation..I masturbate a lot during the week to such an extend that i no longer ejaculate...I like drinking juices and eating a lot of fruits,and therefore as i have heard that drinking juices increases semen,i think that is the reason a masturbate too much.I have also sabtututed having a girlfriend bcoz of the excuse that i would just masturbate...

How do i break away from this habit and would it have a negative impact when having sex with a lady,due to weak erections ?I heard that masturbation causes softer erections...What should i do to have stronger erections ???

Dear Tom,

regular masturbation does not cause softer erections. If anything the more frequently a man is sexual active, be it with masturbation or sex with a partner, the better his sexual functiong and erections could be.

What you do describe though is your concern with the frequency that you masturbate, almost describing what may be "obsessive masturbation". This is a difficult topic because there is no se standard of how much masturbation is too much. Some people masturbate every day or more than once a day and others a few time in a week and others a few times in a month etc. Each comfortable with their masturbation frequency.

Generally if a person masturbates to the degree that they hurt their penis and it starts impacting on their social and work life such as they don't go to work or school, avoid family and other social activities to masturbate, neglect previous hobbies and interests, start spending too much money on porn etc to aid masturbation that was meant for other things etc then we would have reason for concern and suggest the person see a therapist to explore what underlying emotional and psychologuical issues is the person experiencing that they may be trying to "cope" with through obsessive masturbation.

3
Posted by: Anom | 2012/03/01

Apparantly masturbating once a day is healthy for a man and helps with prostate problems later in life. Also helps with good blood flow to the penis. Masturbating 3 -4 times a day, well you either have to much time on your hands or really need to seek professional help. Good luck!

Reply to Anom
Posted by: xyz | 2012/03/01

Tom I dont know who told you about drinking fruitjuice increase semen, because that is a lot off bull. What increase semen is eating pumpking pits( the one''s you buy at Fruit and Veg). It contain irion and that increase the semen. But your problem is to much mastrubation. Do you play sport, because if you keep your mind bussy with something else and not thinking of sex all the time you will be able to slow down on mastrubation.Your erection will get stronger if you mastrubate perhaps once a week or even waiting longer. Your poor penis does not get rest because your are hampering the poor guy. You dont say how old you are. Hope this info will help.

Reply to xyz
Posted by: sexologist | 2012/03/01

Dear Tom,

Reply to sexologist