Question

Too Much Love

I' m in love with a very beautiful and caring lady. I plan to marry her soon because I feel like she' s got everything I' ve been looking for. The problem is we' ve only been together for about five months. Is it too soon, am I in a rush? Won' t I regret at a later stage when her other side emerge or perhaps secrets I don' t know about?

This does sound like a it of a rush --- what's the hurry ? Does she feel the same about you ? Is she likely to flee and disappear if you don't marry her quickly ? IF so, then this is not a sound relationship at all. If you love each other, taking your time, to get to know each other better, is a good idea. You think now she has everything you want, but that applies only to whatever you hav discovered about each other in 5 months, and has hardly been tested yet.

3
Posted by: Latoya | 2009-05-13

Only you can answer that question. You know whether this is real or not. There’ s no time limit as to how long you should know each other before committing to each other. You actually know from the very moment you meet a person that you want to be with them forever or not and if in 5 months she feels the same way, then why not?
yes they say take time to know her, but they don' t specify how much time.

You can date a person for 5 years and marry them then only to realise that even in 5 years you know nothing about them but you can date the right person for a week and feel like you have known them all your life. If you feel comfortable with your partner –  why waste time? You can spend that time learning all there is to know about each other without one having to pretend to be what they are not because you would already have what causes others to hide their true colours –  each other forever!!!

Reply to Latoya
Posted by: Liza | 2009-05-13

Couples counseling is not just for people having problems. Pre-marital counseling can help prevent divorce, but somehow many people don' t think it is necessary.

Congrats on finding a great partner.
Liza

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Lee | 2009-05-13

Congratulations on finding LOVE :-). Whats the rush if you still have " what ifs" ? I say give it time, and all will be ok if its meant to be

Reply to Lee