Posted by: mich24 | 2010-10-08

too much iron

I was at a trauma unit 2 weeks ago and the pin prick test indicated that my haemoglobin was 9 and I was put onto 1 ferrous sulphate tablet per day. I had a full blood count done this week, requested by my gp, and it shows my haemoglobin as not in danger zone. I received an sms from doctor''s rooms stating ''test results normal''. I''m thinking that in fact I needn''t have been taking those ferrous sulphate tablets. Can a person take too much iron? Can I stop taking them immediately or do I need to return to gp?

It is possible to take to much iron and you can stop taking them immediately. Supplement your diet with vegetables that are green in colour, as well as healthy lean meat.