Question
Posted by: kim | 2012/04/24

TOO MUCH FRUIT

I love fruit and have it for breakfast -1 banaba, 1/2 papino, 1 pear and grapes with low fat yoghurt. I have this more or less after dinner as a desert as well. I cant loose weight depite the fact that I eat very healthy. Everyone says its because I eat to much fruit that I wont loose, is this true? In all the magazines they maintain eat as much fruit and veg as possible.!!!

Dear Kim
You did not provide me with your present weight in kg and height in metres so that I can calculate your BMI and assess if you are overweight or not. If you are close to your normal weight then you won't lose weight easily. The total daily intake of energy will determine if you lose weight or not. Even if you are eating super healthy food, but the total intake is higher than your total energy expenditure, then you won't lose weight. Other factors such as insulin resistance could also be a factor.

1

Dear Kim