Question
Posted by: Fearfull | 2010-03-03

Too much fear in everything I do.

Hi CS

I have too much fear in me over just about everything I do. I''m even scared of long distance driving as I fear the worst that could happen and picture a major car accident. I''m scared within the work place in everything I do, always scared to put myself through a challenge, scared to make phone calls. I know my potential as being a professional photographer and people know this but as soon as I am asked to do something I expect the worst. I can''t carry on like this. I''m missing out on great opportunities to really put myself out there. I''m such an introvert when it comes to something I need to do professionally. It''s hard for people to really get to know me. I''m so pathetic with this fear I have for living. I can''t carry on like this. I''m tired of putting up a front and giving myself this fake confidence just cos I have to. I''m in the wrong job and would like to pursue a career in photography but I''m scared. People tell me to do this professionally they have seen my work so what on earth is stopping me. I feel so stuck when I shouldn''t be. My life is good so to speak and I can do better. I know I can. It''s hard to be myself. I don''t even know myself either.

OK, so, broad-range anxiety that feels so convincing even though intellectually you recognize it isn't appropriate l and very low self-confidence and self-esteem, expecting the worst of yourself.
Good news - there's no need to cary on Like This - Cognitive-Behaviour Thwerapy, CBT, can help you to really transform yourself in these areas. You can develop real confidence and freedom from fear. Ask around to find someone in your area providing CBT - SADAG * number on this page ) lists quite a number of such therapists around the country

2
Posted by: fearfull | 2010-03-03

Sorry for the small typ o''s there. I just need to know that I can settle down anywhere I want to. I need to stop feeling inadequate and I am able to adjust to change.

Reply to fearfull