Posted by: jskr | 2009-08-19

Too much fat fed to bull terrier

I thought I' d treat my bull terrier and fox terrier by cooking down some pig skin (with a lot of fat) and feeding it along with dry pellets to my dogs. The bull terrier however has been passing vile wind and has had diarrhea for the last 3 days. He now seems rather lethargic. Could it be the fat causing it, and the lethargy perhaps from dehydration?

Dear jskr

The fat can cause diarrhoea, but I,m not sure about he lethargy. If he is dehydrated he needs medical attention.

oh my hat, can you imagine how you' d feel after eating a load of fatty pig skin and then having diarrhoea for a few days??? maybe just keep him off of food for a day and make sure he has water available. perhaps try some milk thistle to help his liver along, fat heavy foods are a burden on the liver whether you' re human or dog, the poor chap most likely feels horrid.