Question
Posted by: Nadine | 2010/02/04

Too much cardio?

Could you please let me know which training options to take.
I do cardio with Run/Walk for life 3 times a week, Mon, Wed and Fri. Should I rather then do free weights on Tue &  Thu or KickBoxing? I train 5 days a week in the evenings and do yoga on Saturday mornings.

I am a 30 year of female. My goal is to loose weight and tone, I am 1.68m and 68kg.

I am just worried by doing the running and kickboxing it might be too much cardio or is this not a problem?

Please advise.

N

Hi Nadine

It's not necessarily a problem, but we're all different, which means for some, it might be too much. Then again, doing the weights might also be too much, and you have to play it as it comes to decide. My advice is to try it, whichever you prefer (maybe a split between the two) and then monitor how you feel for a week. If you feel flat and heavy from doing weights, for example, then you might need to back off, or train lighter on Wednesdays, for example. If you start feeling fatigued from doing kickboxing, back off that one. Note that you 'll get tired one or two days after you train, but if you are aware and monitor it, you'll know why, and then you can act to correct it.

Good luck!
Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/02/11

Hi Nadine

Good luck!
Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc