Question
Posted by: Klee | 2008-11-17

TOO MUCH AMNIOTIC FLUID

I am 26 weeks and 1 day pregnant, i went for my monthly check up at my Gynaes, and he has noticed that I have alot of amniotic fluid. This is my 2nd pregnancy. I am besides that, taking alot of strain on my body - I have only put on 1kg... but i am out of breath my just walking short distances, i wee constantly but only thru the night, in the day its limited.... to 3-4 times a day, but thru the night I am wee on the hour, a bladder infection has been ruled out... Please explain to me the possible complications with regard to too much amniotic fluid and if i should get a 2nd opion as i am rather concerned. Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

You should have a sugar test to exclude diabetes and a detailed scan of the baby to exclude any abnormalities ( you may already have had this at 22 weeks.). the other symptoms are most likely normal side effects of pregnancy.