Question
Posted by: Sai | 2008/08/11

Too little amniotic fluid

I' ve been admitted to hospital with pain above my belly button, on doing the sonar it was discovered that I have very little amniotic fluid present and also that there were contractions visible. Whenever there is movement of the foetus I feel uncomfortable and sometimes irritable. I only found out about the pregnancy at about 18 weeks and am in the 28th week now. Please indicate whether this situation is dangerous or what may be done to relieve the uncomfortability.

It is serious. That is why your doctors have admitted you. Early delivery may be necessary if the baby becomes distressed.

1
Posted by: Tasja | 2008/08/12

Sorry to say but it is dangerous, my friend also had very little amniotic fluid,and was discovered at about 29 weeks,they had to do a emergency c-sec at 30 weeks,because the fluid wasnt enough for the baby to develop,the baby`s liefe was at risk!Go to a Gynae asap and ask for his/opinion.

Reply to Tasja