Too late to start using contraception

Hi Doc, I' ve been in a sexual relationship for the past 4 months. I' m not using any birth control however we use condoms each time we have relations. I' m 30 and would love to have kids, I' m afraid if I start using injection or pills at this stage it could cause problems should I decide to have kids. Is it too late to start using birth control at this stage? Please advise.

It is not too late to start using contraception. The Pill is out of your system within 3 months, so will not affect your chance of having children when you decide to do so.

Hey there, It should be relatively safe to use the pill if you want to get pregnant at a later stage. The injection however can cause temporary infertility for up to a year if you take it. Basically prolongs the whole process and can be a drag. A lot of pharmacies nowdays have clinics where you can talk and get advise from the nursing sisters on duty. Condoms are not 100% and it would just make more sense to go on the pill.