Posted by: Burns | 2013-01-17

Too Fast Metabolism

My BMI is 27.
I''m 90% fit and 100% healthy.
But my metabolism is too fast. From having a health meal - 30-40 minutes later, the meal had gone through my system.
How can I slow down a too fast metabolism?
I''m practicing for my 22nd Cape Argus Cycle event in March, I am also crosstraining for stamina, running long distances.
I do not take any medication and is ''n fly-ing fit pilot in the airforce.
I''m 42 years yound man.

You are a very active individual and this will in turn will stimulate your metabolism. There is nothing that I can suggest to slow your metabolism down but if you are concerned that there is something wrong, you can consult a gastroenterologist for a gastroscopy and colonoscopy, to exclude any pathology of the gastrointestinal system.