Posted by: Stressed out | 2009-03-12

too drunk

Hi there i was wondering if there are tablets that can help one from getting too drunk. My husban drinks and gets drunk fast and it becomes a hassel for me as i have to carry him all over the place or leave home to go pick him up,when he is drunk he cannot even talk or walk. It is really embarrasing for me.

Is there tablets that can help him stop drinking completly?

I would really appreciate you advice

Expert ImagePharmacist

I'm afraid there's no miracle drug to stop from getting drunk.

You may try giving him a proper meal before before he starts drinking. Some say that by taking 400 mg of acetylcysteine (two ACC200 tabs) may also help, but this have not been scientifically proven.

Otherwise the only answer would be to drink less.

To stop drinking, his doctor may prescribe antabuse - This will make him sick whenever he consumes alcohol. But that is a decision he needs to take himself.