Question
Posted by: Bee | 2010/12/06

Tony Furguson Diet

Hi, Has anyone tried this diet. I am so tired of trying to lose weight! its just not happening for me! i need to lose at 15kg! and i am really struggling. I am now thinking of going on this diet. I have a thyroid problem and also just cant seem to get rid of the post pregnancy tummy, and it has been two years already! i do alot of walking, but dont have the time to do physical exercise. i eat healthily, and have my occasional cravings for sweets, but i dont over do it. and i hardly ever drink alcohol. my sugar levels are normal, had that tested with the GP and so is my blood pressure. I do have polycystic ovaries, and i dont know what else to do to lose the weight.

Dear Bee
I have seen ads on TV for the Tony Ferguson Weightloss Programme and must point out that the idea of using a low-fat, low-glycaemic index (GI) diet has been used successfully in SA for many years. Click on 'DietnFood' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. You can contact The Glycemic Index Foundation of SA at: www.gifoundation.com to obtain more information, including books that explain the principles of the diet. If you combine this type of low-fat, low-GI diet with daily aerobic exercise (like the walking you do, which IS an excellent physical exercise) for about 30 min a day then you should lose weight. It is not necessary to buy the jellies and other products that are on sale at pharmacies as part of the Tony Ferguson diet. Despite the fact that your sugar levels were normal, PCOS is usually associated with insulin resistance and the metabolic syndrome which is in turn linked to overweight and problems with losing weight. The low-fat, low-GI diet is usually recommended for patients with PCOS. I trust that your PCOS and thyroid problem are being treated by a specialist physician with the necessary medications? If not then it may be advisable to ask to be referred to a Gynaecologist or Endocrinologist.

3
Posted by: zil | 2011/01/09

turpie

do u perhap[s have a personla e mail . need some advice have exactly the same problem and need to talk to u

thnx

Reply to zil
Posted by: Turpie | 2010/12/08

Hi Bee

I have been on the Low GI diet, it does work, but you must excersise your butt off to see results.

I had exactly the same problem, my baby is now 18 months old and I am 20kg heavier than when I got pregnant, then I heard about Dr. Cohen''s 1st Personal Diet. 2 Ladies that work with me went on the diet and lost 45kg in 6 months. The diet also advises you not to excersise.

I am currently on the diet, I have lost 8kg in the first 2 weeks.

Have a look at theire website. It is a bit expensive, but TOTALLY worth every cent !!!

Good Luck

Reply to Turpie

Dear Bee