Posted by: Kate | 2012-04-26

I went ti the doctor yesterday and have a bad case of tonsollitis, he has given me a 10 day course of Augmentin and a 3 day course of antibiotic injections. He said that I was only contagious if I kissed someone. What about having sex? Would I make my boyfriend sick as well? I can''t ask my doctor as he is very, very conservative!

Tonsilitis is not a sexually transmitted disease and you will not infect your partner, as you are on oral antibiotics. Remember that the antibiotics will render your oral contraceptives inaffective and you will have to use a condom while using the antibiotics and for a further two weeks after finishing it.