Posted by: AMD | 2011-08-03

Good day, I am having my tonsils removed next month... could you let me know what i can do to help me thru the recovering process please ... I am 30+...

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear AMD

Speak to your ENT regarding post operative pain management. Take the medication as prescribed, not when you start feeling uncomfortable. The idea is to keep the pain controlled, and not to "chase" the pain.
Regular eating is essential. Try to find food you can manage, and eat at regular intervals.
Avoid foods that create problems, such as bananas, tomatoes, and other spicy foods.
Some patients find relief it they drink cold , fizzy drinks. Eating crushed ice may help.
Chewing slighty salty snacks, like biltong may also be helpful.
Rest. Do not stop your pain management to soon, as some patients experience a peak in the pain levels
after five to seven days. This is normal.

Posted by: Belle | 2013-03-25

Good day i would just like to find out its been a week since my daughter's tonsils has been removed she was given an atibiotic that last for 3 days and still pain suryp,she seems to be in a lot of pain.should i be concern or just carry on with the pain suryp.

Reply to Belle