Question
Posted by: Portia | 2012/07/05

Tonsillitis

Hi Doc, I recently went to my GP who diagnosed me with tonsillitis. I had severe cold shivers and body pains as well as swollen glands. She gave me an injection for the shivers and pains, prescribed me an antibiotic and also pills for the pain / fever. There''s white patches on both sides of my tonsels and I can barely swallow or eat - what is the white patches? I also wanted to know if TCP/3CP would be a good option for gargling?

Portia

The white patches are a common manifestation in tonsillitis. It is a good idea to gargle TCP.